PSAT Scores Release Update
Student PSAT Interpretation Workshop
Thursday, January 12 @ Access in Library
Parent PSAT Score Interpretation Information Session
Monday, January 23 @ 4 pm in Library
Students will be able to access their scores and AP Potential information at studentscores.collegeboard.org. Students, please contact Ms. Cranmer at email@example.com if you are having trouble retrieving your scores.
Students will also be able pick up their original PSAT test booklet from the College & Career Center.
The College and Career Center has many valuable resources for students and parents. Students are welcome anytime for drop-in or one-on-one scheduled appointments to discuss educational goals, explore majors, and discuss the entire college planning process through to graduation. Don't hesitate to e-mail or call with any questions. Please contact Kristin Cranmer, College & Career Center Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 479-6427.
Other Resources and Services
- College Representative Visits: Over 100 College Reps from a variety of universities visit the center each year, primarily in the Fall. All visits are posted in Naviance. Students need to get a pass signed by their teacher in order to miss class. Visit the "College Visits" tab for more information.
- Student appointments: Students are welcome to schedule one-on-one appointments. Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- College, major & career exploration
- College admissions
- College application review
- Essay brainstorming & revision
- Scholarships & financial aid
- Community college
- Military options
- Collegiate sports
- Standardized testing & recommended timelines
- Summer programs, jobs, & internships
- Volunteer opportunities
- Resume & interviewing tips
- Grade Level College Planning Workshops: Throughout the year, students are able to attend workshops to learn more about what they should be doing to prepare for college: creating the "best fit" college list, narrowing the college list, essay-brainstorming, scholarship/financial aid, PSAT score interpretation, resume/interview, and more.
- Admissions Testing Information: Students are often times confused about which tests are recommended (or required) for admissions. There are a variety of materials available to assist students in registering and preparing to take the exams.
- Monthly Parent Brown Bag Lunch Information Sessions- Topics vary by month; open to suggestions
- Other College Events: Throughout the year, the College and Career Center hosts or co-hosts college-related events for both students and parents such as Financial Aid Night, Inside College Admissions, SRVUSD College Night, and college panels.
Upcoming Student Workshops
Naviance Career "Do What You Are" Survey with English 10- Week of January 16th
Naviance "Career Cluster Finder" Survey with English 9- Week of January 30th
Naviance Overview Workshop (review all the resources within the Naviance Family Connection)- Wed. 2/22 @ Access
Baylor University (Grades 9-12 welcome)- Wednesday, 2/8 @ 1st Period
Las Positas College Early Admissions Meeting with Seniors- Thursday 2/9 @ 4th Period
Diablo Valley College Enrollment Meeting with Seniors- Thursday 2/23 @ 6th Period
Monthly Parent College Information Sessions
Parents of DVHS Sophomore and Junior students are invited to attend the first parent information session of the new year. In this month's session we will discuss how to interpret the October 2016 PSAT scores and tips for test prep.
Monday, January 23
4-5pm in DVHS Library