ALL DAY ABSENCES:
Parents need to call the attendance line before 9:00 a.m. to clear an absence. Please use the directory at the right to determine which Attendance Secretary to report the absence to.
Please give the following information:
- Student’s legal name (please spell). No nicknames, please!
- Student’s ID#
- Reason for absence
- Date(s) of absence
- Your name and relationship
Excused absence reasons: Medical/dental appointments (doctor note required), illness, religious holidays, court appearances, funerals, and 1 day in-state college visits with a letter of confirmation from the college or a 2 day out of state college visit with a letter of confirmation from the college.
PARTIAL DAY ABSENCES:
Arriving late: Students arriving late must have a parent call the attendance line prior to the student arriving at school giving the same information as above as well as the approximate time of arrival. Students must always sign in at the front office upon arrival before going to class.
- Students whose late arrival results in missing one or more entire periods must have a parent call attendance line to clear the absence within 48 hours or it will be changed to an illegal absence (cut) and disciplinary action will be taken.
Leaving early: We will no longer call students out of class to leave early. Parents must call the attendance line before 9:00 a.m. Please give the same information as above as well as the time the student will be leaving campus. Students need to come to the front office to obtain an OFF CAMPUS PASS either before school or at brunch or lunch. Then, at the designated time, they can show the pass to their teacher and come sign out in the front office. Students are not allowed to leave their classroom without a pass.
- If a student leaves campus without signing out in the front office, it will be considered a cut and disciplinary action will be taken. Parents cannot clear these absences after the fact. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Only tardies due to excused absence reasons (see above) will be excused. Medical Facility notes are required for all medical appointments upon checking in. If you forget to obtain a note, you may have your doctor fax a copy to "Attn: Attendance" at 925-479-6597
. All other reasons will result in an unexcused tardy.
IMPORTANT NOTE!! Students must ALWAYS sign in and out in the front office for partial day absences, even if a parent has called in. This is our only way of knowing when the student actually arrives and/or leaves campus. Students who leave school and do not sign out and/or arrive to school and do not sign in will be given cuts for the periods that they miss and will be subject to disciplinary action. Parents cannot clear these cuts. This policy is outlined in the student handbook.
AUTOMATED ABSENCE NOTIFICATIONS:
Automated phone calls and email dialer messages for all unverified (uncleared) absences will be sent home to the primary parent’s home every day at 10:00 am. and 6:00 p.m. Due to the new safety measures implemented by the District, you will receive a call/email until your student actually checks in. If you have already called in to let us know your student will be arriving late, you may disregard the message/email.
- All unverified absences not cleared within 48 hours will be considered as a cut and disciplinary action will be taken.
- Students attempting to clear their own absences will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Students who believe they were marked absent in error should get a yellow clear slip from the office, fill it out, have the teacher sign and confirm the error - bring it to the attendance secretary in the front office.