Coffee with the Superintendent
Meet San Ramon Valley Unified School District’s new Superintendent Rick Schmitt at our “Coffee with the Superintendent” at Dougherty Valley High School on November 7, 2016 at 9:00am in the Commons. At this coffee, the Superintendent will share a little about his priorities, the District’s “Framework for Excellence” and his philosophy. What Mr. Schmitt most appreciates is hearing from parents and one of his priorities is two-way communication. He always walks away from these meetings having learned new, interesting and important information.
The Superintendent will be meeting with every school parent community this fall. If you can’t make this event, check out www.srvusd.net/coffeeswithsupt for details of other meetings. If you have questions, please email his Executive Assistant Cindy Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLEGE BOARD PSAT/NMSQT (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test)
When: Saturday, October 15, 2016 @ 7:45 am (doors will be locked and test beginning at 8 am)
Where: Dougherty Valley High School
Sophomores & Juniors: Sept. 22-October 2, 2016
*There are a limited number of PSAT tests available. Juniors have priority to register. Sophomores may register until we have reached capacity. This is unavailable for Freshmen students.
Registration can now be done via the DVHS webstore by going to www.dvhigh.net and clicking on “WEBSTORE” listed under QUICKLINKS -or- you can pay by cash or check by completing the bottom portion of this flyer and turning it into the Bookkeeper’s Office with your payment. Checks should be made payable to DVHS/PSAT.
TEST DAY INFORMATION
- Student names and room assignments will be posted outside the College & Career Center prior to the exam.
- Students should arrive no later than 7:45 a.m. Doors will be closed and testing will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. (The test, including the break and instructions, takes about 3 hours)
- Students should bring # 2 pencils and a calculator.
- STUDENTS MUST BRING A PHOTO ID! Students without a photo ID will not be allowed to test.
Join us for our first concerts of the year!
Choir and Chamber Orchestra perform on Tuesday, October 4
Jazz Band and Wind Ensembles on Wednesday, October 5
Concerts begin at 7:00PM in the PAC
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students
Music Booster members with ID get in free based on their membership level.
DVHS Homecoming Dance Information
- The dance is from 7:00- 10:00 p.m. in the main gym on Saturday 10/15
- Students must arrive before 7:30 to be allowed to enter and may not leave early without an administrator directly contacting their guardian.
- Students will be scanned into the dance using their Student ID card so they must have their Student ID card with them. Also, If they are purchasing a ticket for another DVHS student, they must use that student’s ID number in order for them to be on the list at the door.
- Non- DVHS student guest pass form is located here: NON-DVHS STUDENT GUEST PASS FORM
- We are expecting a capacity crowd this year…”BUY EARLY AND BUY ON-LINE”…tickets could sell out.
Here is the direct link to the webstore item HOMECOMING DANCE. https://doughertyvalleyhs.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=54
For the most up to date Homecoming Information follow @DVHSWildcats on Instagram and Twitter!